2014 WJF Sustainable Business Plan Competition
Deadline: November 15, 2013
The William James Foundation (WJF) invites entrepreneurs worldwide to take part in the 2014 Sustainable Business Plan Competition. WJF supports entrepreneurs who are building companies that will make the world a better place.
Benefits of entering our competition:
- Feedback: If you’re just putting an idea to paper, or you’re three years in and drawing up plans for international expansion, WJF can help.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Discipline: WJF is providing constructive commentary on your actual business ideas. And by drawing up your plans, you will get a big picture view of what your company can do.
- Investors: Participation in the competition significantly increases your chance to be a part of our “Green Grab” program, which puts companies in front of accredited investors to pitch for professional debt or equity investment.
The 2014 In-Kind prizes will be worth more than $100,000. There are also a limited number of cash prizes available.
- You must be an entrepreneur with a leadership role at a for-profit company (planned or existing) that has defined social, environmental, and/or cultural goals built into how you make money. If you can imagine a non-profit with the same goals as your for-profit company, you will probably qualify.
- You can be of any age or educational status, and you can be based anywhere in the world.
- Your company must either still be in the planning stage, or you must be considering a significant change of direction in how your company operates.
- Your plan must be written in English.
- At least one person must make or plan to make a full time, living-wage income from your business.
For more information, click here.