Special Olympics Asia Pacific GenUin Youth Summit 2016 – Singapore
Deadline: January 31, 2015
Applications are now open for the Special Olympics Asia Pacific GenUin Youth Summit taking place from March 19 – 20, 2016 in Singapore. Are you a citizen or resident of Singapore? Have you have ever envisioned a society of inclusion, respect and acceptance for people with intellectual disabilities? This is a great opportunity to make that dream come true!
The Summit will provide Singapore’s youths with effective tools and training to create classroom and community activities centered on inclusion. These activities aim to bring about understanding, acceptance, and friendship among people with and without intellectual disabilities in schools and communities in Singapore.
The Special Olympics Asia Pacific GenUin Youth Summit will empower YOU to take ownership of your project, to promote social inclusion for people with intellectual disabilities in Singapore.
To bring your ideas into action, Special Olympics will award project funds, training, mentorship and a full support network to the top 5 participating teams.
- You must be between the age of 17 to 25.
- You must form a team of 2 to 4 persons with or without intellectual disabilities. Preference will be given to teams that include both people with and without intellectual disabilities.
- You are a Singaporean or Permanent Resident.
- You are currently residing in Singapore.
- You agree to complete necessary registration forms and to provide additional references or undergo background screening as requested by the organisers.
- You agree to the Personal Data Protection Act*.
Every team will be selected based on the quality of their project proposal. Each team will only need to submit ONE project proposal.
Successful applicants will attend the 2-day GenUin Youth Summit: an opportunity to know more about Special Olympics, learn new skills and finally pitch for their project. The Top 5 teams will be selected and received seed funding of up to SGD3,500 to implement their projects in Singapore. They will have the opportunity to present to leaders from across Asia Pacific region.
Below are the criteria for every project:
- Must be conducted by a team of 2 to 4 persons with or without intellectual disabilities. Preference will be given to teams that include both people with and without intellectual disabilities.
- Must implement your project from 28 March to 15 December 2016.
- Must submit final project report by 31 December 2016 to Special Olympics Asia Pacific.
- Must generate “acts of inclusion” to engage people with and without intellectual disabilities.
- Must meaningfully engage people with intellectual disabilities in the Singapore community throughout the design and implementation of the project.
- Must be specific and measurable – following a defined course of action to reach objectives.
- Must provide update of project in the monthly progress report.
- Required to work with Special Olympics Asia Pacific Youth Activation staff and Youth Mentors at and after the summit.
How to Apply
- Form a team of 2-4 youth with or without intellectual disabilities (aged 17-25) and sign up now! Preference will be given to teams that include both people with and without intellectual disabilities.
- Complete all three sections of the online application form.
Please SAVE this document in this format: SOAP.GenUin Proposal-*TeamName*
EMAIL it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com
For more information, visit SOAP GenUin Youth Summit.