UNFPA Young Innovators Fellowship Programme 2016 -New York, USA (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: February 22,2016
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is seeking two of the brightest and most ambitious youth globally to be a part the new Young Innovators Fellowship Programme. This opportunity-of-a-lifetime programme covers expenses related to travel, stipend, accommodation and health insurance.
This exciting development opportunity will see two fellows join us at UNFPA Headquarters in New York for a period of one year (July 2016-June 2017). Fellows will undergo leadership training for a period of three months (July-September 2016), before they are placed in a management operations role for a period of nine months, continuing their fellowship in various Headquarters work units such as: Human Resources, Finance, Management Information Systems, Communications, or External Affairs.
UNFPA delivers a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s goal is to achieve universal access to sexual and reproductive health, realize reproductive rights, and reduce maternal mortality to accelerate progress on the ICPD agenda, to improve the lives of adolescents and youth, and women, enabled by population dynamics, human rights, and gender equality.
- Demonstrated interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate
- Basic understanding of issues of importance to UNFPA and what the organization stands for
- Working knowledge of English (mandatory: written and oral)
- Commitment to return to home country to promote International Conference of Population and Development mandate.
- Aged between 18 years to 25 years old as of 29th February 2016
All successful applicants will be provided with the following by UNFPA:
- Cost of return economy-class travel from country of origin
- Financial and administrative assistance with travel documents and visa requirements
- Health insurance
- Housing arrangements (fully paid for accommodation)
- Monthly stipend (for meals and other basic needs)
- A workstation with computer and internet access
- Opportunities to be mentored by UNFPA staff and external mentors
- Administrative assistance as required via our Service Centre
How to Apply
Apply online here
For more information, visit Young Innovators Fellowship Programme.