Want to Study Abroad? Learn About the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program!
Do you want to pursue a degree abroad? One platform that allows you achieve that dream is the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, which provides access to secondary and higher education for young people who are committed to giving back to their communities. Students selected for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program are provided with opportunities to realize their full potential.
Through Foundation partners, they receive holistic financial, academic, and emotional support as they transition from secondary to university education and into the workforce. Scholars will build core competencies such as critical thinking, problem solving, and working across diverse groups to ensure their success in the global economy.
It is designed to provide students with holistic support, including the following:
- Comprehensive Scholarships — Students receive financial support for fees, uniforms, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Skills Training — Students benefit from enrichment in areas relevant to employment success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Transition Support — Students receive support during their transition into secondary school, university or the workforce with mentoring, career counseling, internships, leadership development, and other life skills coaching.
- Give-Back Component — An integral component of the Program is the commitment from the Scholars to give back to their communities and countries of origin. Students demonstrate this commitment through volunteerism and community service, as well as other forms of experiential learning.
- Alumni Network — Graduates of the Scholars Program will be connected through an alumni network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to consult with other graduates
How to Become a Scholar
For more information on how to become a MasterCard Foundation Scholar please contact partner institutions directly. Partner institutions are listed below.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is building a global network of education institutions and non-profit organizations committed to its vision to educate young people. Partners in the Program are selected for their shared values, academic excellence, nurturing environments, and programs relevant to developing countries.
- African Leadership Academy
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- American University of Beirut – Faculty of Health Sciences
- Ashesi University
- Arizona State University
- Carnegie Mellon University – Rwanda
- Duke University
- EARTH University
- Equity Group Foundation Wings To Fly
- Makerere University
- McGill University
- Michigan State University
- Stanford University
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of British Columbia
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Cape Town
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Pretoria
- University of Toronto
- Wellesley College
For more information, visit MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.