Calling all Innovators: Valeo Innovation Challenge 2017 – €100,000 Prize for Winners
Deadline: February 17, 2017
Entries are invited for the Valeo Innovation Challenge 2017. Do you have a bold, disruptive idea to make cars more intelligent, intuitive, environmentally-friendly and fun? University students from around the world who are passionate about cars are invited to enter the 2017 edition of the Valeo Innovation Challenge.
Valeo is offering young students worldwide the opportunity to make the car of 2030 and the way it’s used more intelligent, intuitive, green and fun. Comprising teams of two to five people, students from any discipline can take part by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English.
The aim is to stimulate the students’ creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams. The Valeo Innovation Challenge is part of Valeo’s innovation strategy, supported by the company’s annual Research and Development budget of over €1 billion.
- A first prize of €100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation
- The best idea prize for a new way to use cars
- The second prize for each in these two categories is €10,000.
- Open to students worldwide who have completed their high school education and their academic teachers (maximum of one teacher per team), with one entry per person (same name and same e-mail address);
- Contest entrants must be able to travel outside their country of residence and possess, by October 2017, a passport that is still valid for six months after the date scheduled for the prize giving (October 2017);
- Each team leader must plan to collate all of the original banking information and documents that will be required prior to payment of the financial support in phase 2 – creation of proof of concept (see article 12): IBAN, SWIFT numbers, letter from bank certifying that entrant is an account holder;
- The following people may not enter the contest:
- Employees of the organizer, of any company that it controls, that controls it or that is under joint control with it, and their children.
- People who have been involved in organizing the contest, and their children.
- People who have a conflict of interest (especially interns, apprentices and PhD students still working for the company).
Entries would be selected based on the following:
- Bold, innovative and original idea of the project (“Best Innovation” category / “Best Idea for a new way to use cars” category);
- Challenges and relevance of the problem dealt with and factoring in of society’s expectations;
- Knowledge of technical / related matters;
- Feasibility and construction of proof of concept;
- Quality of presentation.
The deadline for submitting entries is Tuesday January 31, 2017 at 12 noon, Paris time.
For more information, visit Valeo Innovation Challenge 2017.