Apply: LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2017
Deadline: July 16, 2017
The 2017 Call for Applications for LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) is now open! Are you interested in joining this growing network, find out what is required and what it means to become a SIPA Fellow. LEAP Africa and Union Bank has partnered to develop the SIP 2017 to strengthen and advance youth-led change initiatives and entrepreneurship in Nigeria through training and collaborative partnerships that enhance the sustainability and overall impact of these change initiatives.
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) is a one-year fellowship which supports talented young social innovators – youth change-makers – whose ideas and initiatives offer effective and creative solutions to the challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Their initiatives cover many aspects of society, such as Agriculture, Business and Economic Development, Education, Science and Technology, Health, Law and Human Rights, among others.
During the fellowship period, selected young leaders are equipped with the personal and organizational leadership skills, networking support, and advocacy needed to strengthen and expand the reach and depth of their projects within their target communities. These fellows also join IYF’s global YouthActionNet® community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP).
- Access to professional level advisory from A-list consultants, investors and professionals that will help you create a profitable and sustainable structure for your business.
- Transform your business into an impact driven solution following a one-year Fellowship.
- Access to LEAP partners, funders and life long support for growth and sustainability.
- Get a chance to win #1,000,000 for your enterprise at the Social Innovators Programme and Awards in 2018.
- Youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Co-founders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation.
- Social enterprise must be contributing positively to the lives of people in their local communities.
- Initiatives cuts across all sectors of the economy, Technology, Agriculture, Environment e.t.c .
- Submitted ideas/business solutions must solve major social challenges in Nigeria.
- Social enterprise must be located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of work done and impact beyond 12 months prior to application.
Complete the online application here.
The top 20 social innovators will be notified via email and text message once the selection has taken place.
For more information, visit LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme and Awards.