Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad Scholarships for Malaysians 2017/18
Deadline: August 28, 2017
Yayasan KLK, a foundation established by Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad (KLK), offers scholarships to high-achieving young Malaysians who are studying or have gained a place at any Malaysian institutions of higher learning. Upon graduation, scholars may be offered the opportunity to work in KLK or its business units. While undergoing tertiary education, scholars’ academic performance is monitored and they are expected to undergo practical training within the Group. Such monitoring is necessary as it ensures only the best talents are subsequently recruited to continue the Group’s tradition of leadership excellence.
Preferred Fields of Study include:
- Agricultural Sciences or related disciplines;
- Sciences (Chemistry, Biotech);
- Chemical Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering.
Successful applicants are provided with annual grant over the minimum duration of their courses as follows:
- Public Institutions – RM 8,500 per academic year
- Private Institutions – RM15,000 per academic year
- Applicant must be a Malaysian citizen;
- Have good academic results (STPM, A-Levels or equivalent-minimum 2As / Foundation-minimum CGPA of 3.5);
- Have good command of English Language, both written and spoken;
- A record of active participation in extracurricular activities;
- Must have a confirmed placement from institution of higher learning;
- Not bonded, holding any other scholarship or receiving assistance from any organisation;
- Be prepared to serve a 3-year bond with the Group at any location upon graduation.
Submit your application upon receiving your offer of admission from the institution of higher learning. Please download and complete the application form and post it, with the relevant documents, to the address below:
1 Jalan SP Seenivasagam
30000 Ipoh Perak
The completed application form together with the offer of admission must reach KLK by August 28, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Any applicant who has not been invited for an interview should be considered unsuccessful.
For more information, visit KLK Scholarships.