Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2018
Deadline: January 1, 2018
Apply now to be a recipient of the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2018. This is an award offered to international students with excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results, and strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (PhD) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University.
This is a unique opportunity to pursue your PhD in Science & Engineering. PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). The students can choose to do their research work mainly at A*STAR, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
The award provides financial support for up to 4 years of PhD studies. It includes:
- Full support of tuition fees;
- Stipends – S$2,000 per month (S$24,000 per annum), to be increased to S$2,500 per month (S$30,000 per annum) after passing Qualifying Examinations;
- One-time S$1,000 settling-in allowance;
- One-time airfare grant of S$1,500.
- Application is open to all international students;
- Candidates should be graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results;
- Should possess good skills in written and spoken English;
- Have good reports from academic referees.
You will need to complete and submit an online application form. Softcopies of the following supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application:
- Identity card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts (in English translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate / Scroll (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- Master’s Academic Transcripts, if any (in English translation)
- Master’s Degree Certificate / Scroll, if any (in English translation) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
- Not compulsory but good to include (if available)
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results
- Hardcopies of the above-mentioned supporting documents sent to the SINGA Office will not be processed.
Deadline for submission is January 1, 2018 at 23:59hrs GMT +8 Singapore time