Call for Proposals: African World Heritage Fund Grants 2017
Deadline: September 29, 2017
Applications are ongoing for the African World Heritage Fund Grants 2017. Each year AWHF provide conservation grants to African State Parties to implement projects and activities which focus on improving the State of Conservation of World Heritage properties. The projects must be implemented within 12 months.
The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) is an intergovernmental organization created in 2006 to support the effective conservation and protection of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa. The main objective of the AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention, specifically, the under-representation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites.
- Open to Government institutions involved in the management and protection of World Heritage Sites in Africa;
- Projects activities are restricted to World Heritage Sites as declared by UNESCO;
- Project proposals MUST address challenges affecting the State of conservation of selected World Heritage property;
- The application must be approved by Head/Director of heritage institution/organization accompanied by a cover letter endorsing the project.
All applications will be assessed before the final decision is made. The assessment will be based on but not limited to the following:
- Relevance and contribution of the project to addressing challenges at a particular World Heritage property;
- Quality and to what extent is the project proposal innovative;
- Accurate and realistic budget.
- Download the Application form in English or in French
- Completed applications should be submitted via email (as attachment) to [email protected] before the deadline. Hard copies and supporting documents can be submitted to the following address: The African World Heritage Fund, 1258 Lever Road, Headway Hill, Midrand 1685, South Africa.
The deadline for submission is on September 29, 2017 at 12.00 pm (CAT). However, applicants are highly encouraged to submit their proposals prior to the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For more information, visit African World Heritage Fund Grants.