EDUFI Fellowship Programme 2017/18 for PhD Students to Study in Finland
Applications are invited for the EDUFI Fellowship Programme for PhD Students to study in Finland. The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) awards scholarships for foreign Doctoral level students and young researchers to carry out postgraduate studies and research and teaching in Finnish universities. The Fellowship is a start-up grant rather than a full degree scholarship, it provides scholarship for a period varying from 3 to 12 months.
The programme seeks to increase mobility to Finland, to support the internationalisation of research and teaching and to foster links between Finnish and Foreign universities. The primary target group in the EDUFI Fellowship programme are Doctoral level students who will be doing their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university. Visiting Doctoral-level students and researchers who are doing their Doctorate degree at some foreign university can also be considered eligible, provided that the motivation letter of the hosting Finnish university department presents exceptionally good grounds for such an application.
- The monthly allowance is 1500 euros. The allowance is intended to cover living expenses in Finland for a single person. No additional allowance for housing is paid;
- Expenses due to international travel to and from Finland are not covered by the programme.
- Open for candidates of all foreign nationalities. However, when decisions on scholarship are made, emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
The prerequisite for applying is that the visiting researcher must have established contacts with a Finnish host university. If a Finnish university is willing to host you, then the Finnish university department wishing to host you can apply for the EDUFI Fellowship on your behalf. That is, only the hosting Finnish university can act as an ‘applicant’ in the EDUFI Fellowship programme.
Additionally, the following attachments are required for a EDUFI Fellowship application:
- A motivation letter from the applicant (the hosting university), max 1 page
- Complete CV of the scholarship candidate
- Research plan (3-5 pages)
Two printed and signed copies of the application with required attachments should be submitted to the following address: Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI), PO Box 380, 00531 Helsinki. Please mark the envelope with “EDUFI Fellowships”.
For more information, visit EDUFI Fellowship Programme.