Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship 2017-2018 (Funded)
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship is jointly offered by the Al Alfi Foundation and AUC, represented by the Center for Sustainable Development. The program is designed to identify and prepare future leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science, engineering, business, policy and social sciences. Fellowship applicants must possess professional experience and exceptional skills, as well as an outstanding passion for sustainable development. Three candidates will be accepted into the program on a yearly basis.
The long-term objective of the program is to develop a new cadre of entrepreneurial leaders who are capable of filling critical positions in industry, public sector and civil-society organizations in Egypt, and who can successfully integrate technical, business and social skills to contribute to comprehensive sustainable development in Egypt and beyond.
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Complete the program in two years and participate in a number of relevant extra-curricular activities (events, seminars, workshops, training sessions, volunteering and community service) in order to enrich their experience and become leaders in sustainable development. In support of their training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
The fellowship covers:
- A full or partial tuition fees
- Student services and activities fees
- Cost of books
- Open to Egyptian nationals;
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Candidates must also have a background in science, engineering, policy, business or social sciences;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent of gayed gidan (very good);
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents;
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions;
- Provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals;
- Show financial need.
To apply, complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application
For more information, visit Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship.