2016 Must-Attend Business Events/Conferences For Students
Happy New Year! If you are interested in networking, self-development, learning what is trending in the world of business and meeting inspiring people, check out these events.
- BMU International Innovation Conference 2016 – Delhi NCR, India (January 9-10)BML Munjal University (BMU) is organizing the BMU International Innovation Conference in association with Imperial College Business School, Robert H. Smith School of Business at University of Maryland and Lee Kong Chian School of Business at Singapore Management University. The conference will bring together innovation experts from across the world as Innovation has been recognized as one of the top priorities for economic and social growth.
- Global Innovative Youth Conference 2016 -Brisbane, Australia (January 10-16)The Global Innovative Youth Conference (GIYC) is one of the largest student-run entrepreneurship Conference in Asia-Pacific Area. GIYC will bring more than hundreds of worldwide students from a diverse range of backgrounds to Brisbane, all sharing the common interest of innovation, entrepreneurship and technology. Their mission is to connect top-tier aspiring student entrepreneurs around the world.
- Student Summit 2016 -Dublin, Ireland. (February 4, 2016)The Student Summit 2016 focuses on: innovation, entrepreneurship and startup employment. Fostering the future for enterprising students. Their passion is Student Innovation. The Student Summit aims to deliver on all these fronts in an attempt to carve a more entrepreneurial student population in Ireland. With the digital world expanding exponentially and showing no signs of stopping, the world of business has become an ever changing one. It enables entrepreneurs to operate their business more efficiently and some even work developing their own digital offering.
- HPAIR Harvard Conference 2016– Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (February 12-15)The Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) is student-run organization of the Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences. HPAIR organizes Harvard University’s largest annual student conferences in the Asia-Pacific region. Since 1991, they have continuously gathered a growing pool of international students from top universities, renowned academics, business professionals, and political leaders to engage in their educational events. As the world becomes more globalized as well as commercialized, the boundary between business and other aspects of society is increasingly less rigid. The Conference seeks to capture this phenomenon and help delegates understand its impacts on the future of international relations.
- Starting Point Entrepreneurship Conference 2016 -St. Mary’s University, Canada (February 17-19) The Sobey School Business Development Centre (SSBDC) is a non-profit organization created 25 years ago to act as a bridge between the university and the business community. They believe that engaging students in entrepreneurship unleashes their imagination, energy, capabilities and desire to learn. They offer a rich mixture of opportunities for students, faculty and business to interact and grow. Over the past five years, SSBDC programs have provided opportunities to more than 4,500 students, allowing them to be engaged in curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Wharton Health Care Business Conference-Philadelphia, USA (February 18-19 )With healthcare at an inflection point, this year’s conference will focus on the major challenges faced by early stage entrants and incumbents alike in the race to achieve innovation at scale. Who is best equipped to emerge as the future market leaders? What are the bounds of competition and cooperation? And how will the policy context affect “the race” in 2017 and beyond?Bringing together 500 industry leaders, Wharton healthcare alumni, faculty, and current MBA/WEMBA students, the 2016 conference will offer participants unparalleled access to distinguished speakers and networking opportunities with individuals from across the payer, provider, life sciences, healthcare services, healthcare finance and digital health landscapes.
- GLOBAL CONFERENCE Startup Grind 2016 – Silicon Valley (February 23-24)Startup Grind is the largest independent startup community, actively educating, inspiring and connecting founders in over 185 cities. They nurture startup ecosystems in 70 countries through events, media, and partnerships with organizations like Google for Entrepreneurs. The cornerstone of our global community are monthly events featuring successful local founders, innovators, educators and investors who share lessons learned on the road to building great companies. Founded in Silicon Valley, Startup Grind has now hosted 2,000 fireside chats since its founding in 2010. To date, Startup Grind has helped millions of entrepreneurs find mentorship, connect to partners and hires, pursue funding, and reach new users.
- Africa Business Conference 2016-Harvard Business School, Boston, MA (February 26-28)2016 Africa Business Conference invites you to their 18th Annual Conference. This year’s theme is “ Innovate. Disrupt: Homegrown models for Africa’s prosperity“. During this year’s conference, their goal is to celebrate and to promote awareness of existing innovative solutions that have been deployed in Africa, in addition to motivating attendees to create more innovative solutions to overcome the challenges in Africa. As a popular African proverb says‐”If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” This suggests that we all as people can progress further, faster and better if we work together and so this year, the conference will be focused on igniting action and channeling our collective efforts towards creating solutions that will contribute to Africa’s prosperity in the long run.
- Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2016-Medellín, Latin America (March 14-17) From Kansas City to Dubai, Shanghai to Liverpool, Moscow and Milan, the GEC has featured a variety of worldwide top-tier speakers. The Global Entrepreneurship Congress helps entrepreneurs to build a system that integrates entrepreneurship all around the world. Innovators come in many forms, but all share the same fundamental goal -to develop a strategy to promote the best ideas and ways of their implementation. In most cases, national borders are significant barriers for the development and creation of innovations. The idea of the Congress is to help entrepreneurs to cooperate with each other across borders, to find ways of mutual assistance in creating successful ventures. The Congress gatherers together entrepreneurs to share experiences, to better understand what works and what doesn’t, to form a variety of options for mutually beneficial cooperation.
- World Business Dialogue 2016 -Cologne, Germany (March 16-18)The World Business Dialogue is the perfect place to discuss, interact and act with companies, well-known speakers and students from all over the world. The World Business Dialogue is all about forming intelligent, self-sufficient world citizens, equipping them with long-term connections all over the world and giving them room to be creative and innovative. As the organizing team changes annually, every World Business Dialogue is totally unique and still, the spirit remains the same. It is the fascination of bringing together people from all over the world to share their mindsets in terms of business trends that thrives us every year. Passion, Curiosity, Commitment – that is what makes World Business Dialogue an experience you will never forget.
- START Summit 2016– St. Gallen, Switzerland (March 18 -19) Be where Innovation happens! START Summit is the conference for students and start-ups to connect with investors, corporates and media in St. Gallen, Switzerland. In 2016, START Summit is bringing together 1.500 attendees and more than 300 start-ups for a three-day event full of keynotes, workshops and networking events. Hear the exciting stories, the true experience and the hands-on knowledge of the top world’s innovators. Rocket science, wireless electricity, investors knowledge…You name it, START Summit has got it.
- Accelerate@HHL Conference 2016– Leipzig, Germany (April 22-23)Accelerate@HHL 2016 – The Smart Thing About Smart Things! Start-Up industry is your passion? Already thinking about a career in a young and cool company with entrepreneurial spirit? We might have something interesting for you! Join the Accelerate@HHL Conference 2016 in Leipzig and meet top speakers and distinguished entrepreneurs to discuss this year’s key topic: Internet of Things – The Smart Thing About Smart Things! Discuss with students, founders, investors and industry leaders about the internet of things. Meet interesting people, get in touch with sponsors and partners at the career fair and present your business idea during the elevator pitch contest. Furthermore, attractive activities like a kicker tournament, a BBQ evening and a big closing party will round up 2 exciting conference days.
- CeBIT 2016 -Sydney Olympic Park, Australia (May 2-4) CeBIT is Asia Pacific’s largest and longest running business technology event and is celebrating its 15th year in Australia in 2016. The event has truly cemented its position as the business technology event for the region, attracting around 15,000 attendees from Government, Enterprise, SMEs and Startups. CeBIT Australia 2016 will feature 11 inspirational and immersive conferences on the following topics: Enterprise Security, Financial Technology, Cloud, Unified Communications, Mobility, eHealth, Social Business, Digital Marketing, Enterprise Security, eGovernment, Internet of Things, Big Data & Analytics.
- Global Young Leaders Conference 2016 – USA, China or Europe. (June-July)The Global Young Leaders Conference (GYLC) program is the premier leadership development program for motivated and accomplished students from across the United States and more than 145 countries around the world. This 10-day leadership journey will provide a unique learning experience which will equip you with the confidence, independence, skills and global competitiveness required of the next generation of future leaders.
We will update this page throughout the year!