Milena Jesenská Fellowships for Journalists – Monthly Stipend of EUR 2,500
Deadline: March 28, 2016
The Milena Jesenská Fellowship Program offers European journalists time off from their professional duties in order to pursue in-depth research on a topic of their choice. The Fellowships are intended as an award for excellence.
The call is directed towards cultural journalists, with the term “cultural” being interpreted in a broad sense to encompass a wide variety of intellectual and artistic fields. However, applicants’ work may also deal with societal issues of European relevance and be related to one of IWM’s main research fields.
- Four Fellows will be invited to spend three months each at the IWM in Vienna, Austria during the next fellowship term (July 2016 – June 2017).
- Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 2,500 per month.
- In addition, the IWM provides them with an office including access to internet, administrative and research facilities as well as other services free of charge.
- Travel grants of up to EUR 1,900 can be paid for project-related research trips.
- Open to experienced European journalists (including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey).
- Applicants must have worked in print, broadcast or online journalism for several years and must have an outstanding professional record.
- Applications by entry-level journalists or students will be rejected.
Online application should be submitted with the following:
- A concise project proposal in English (max. 8,000 characters incl. spaces) with a description of the intended outcome (book, article(s), film, TV or radio broadcast etc.);
- A curriculum vitae;
- A list of publications.
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files.
For more information, visit Milena Jesenská Fellowships for Journalists.