Bilateral Scholarship Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad 2016 (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
Deadline: Not specified.
Applications are now invited for suitable candidates for the Bilateral Educational Agreements (BEA) Scholarship Awards. The scholarship offers Nigerians an opportunity to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies in one of the countries with which Nigeria has BEA in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean.
The Federal Scholarship Board of the Federal Ministry of Education Nigeria, processes and implements scholarship Awards received from and granted to countries with which Nigeria has Bilateral Educational Agreements (BEA).
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award is for :
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia;
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c. FIELDS OF STUDY
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Fields of Study
Natural Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Information Technology, Medicine and its other related courses, Environmental Science, Geology, Agriculture, Petroleum related courses, Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Languages, Management Courses, Research, e.t.c
Countries of Study for BEA Awards
Algeria (UG), China(PG), Cuba(UG &PG), Egypt(UG), Greece(UG & PG), Hungary (PG & UG) Japan (UG & PG), Macedonia(UG), Mexico(PG),Morocco(UG), Romania(UG), Russia(UG & PG), Serbia(UG & PG), Tunisia(UG), Turkey (UG &. PG), Ukraine (UG), South- Korea (PG), etc
The studies are undertaken in the official language of the Awarding Country. Successful candidates must undergo a one year mandatory language course in the host country before the commencement of the main course of study.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- Applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Applicants must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years..
NOTE: Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu
How to Apply
- Application forms are available online
- Duly completed forms are to be submitted at the interview venues
Interview and Requirements
Date: March 7-10, 2016 at 9:00am daily.