African Development Bank 2016 Internship program
Deadline: March 15, 2016
African Development Bank (ADB) invites all eligible Africans to apply for its Internship Program. The primary objectives of the Internship Program at the ADB Group are to deepen the Bank’s efforts to advance development within its regional member countries (RMC) through capacity building activities.
The broad objectives of the Program are to provide the opportunity to acquire and develop the ability to work in an international environment, provide the Bank a pool of potential candidates in the future and enhance the visibility of the Bank and its development activities.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree.
- Citizen of a regional or non-regional member country of the African Development Bank.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend, depending on the budget availability.
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship will be authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
How to Apply
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
For more information, visit African Development Bank Internship Program