Vedica Scholars Programme for Women to Study in India 2018-2019
Deadline: November 1, 2017
The Vedica Scholars Programme for Women is inviting applications for the third batch of admissions from bright, proficient and dynamic women who will take on meaningful professional roles in the 21st century. Vedica Scholars Programme for Women is a unique alternative to the traditional MBA programme, which will create a cadre of successful women professionals for the 21st century. Vedica’s mission is to prepare women with potential to achieve fulfilling careers.
Vedica is an 18-month full-time, residential, professional course in management programme with a re-imagined pluridisciplinary curriculum that has been carefully crafted to the expectations of employers today. The programme is a combination of classroom learning, hands-on work experience, and mentoring and coaching by some of the most inspiring academics and professionals of our times. It weaves together the objectivity of management principles with complementary perspectives from the liberal arts, an emphasis on personal growth through leadership training, and the impact of thinking and communicating effectively.
On successful completion of the programme, the Scholars are awarded a Professional Certificate in Management Practice, offered jointly by the Vedica Foundation and the Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication.
Cost and Scholarship
The Vedica Bursary: The Vedica Scholars Programme for Women aims to prepare women with potential to achieve fulfilling careers. The total fee for the Programme stands at INR 13,00,000 for 2018-19. In recognition of their future potential, every admitted Scholar is awarded a Vedica Bursary of INR 3,25,000.
Accounting for Vedica Bursary, the detailed fee structure for Class of 2018-19:
- Tuition Fee INR 5,75,000
- Accommodation Food & Transport INR 4,00,000
- Total INR 9,75,000*
Vedica Foundation Scholarships: Over and above the Bursary, the Vedica Foundation will also award scholarships to five deserving candidates on the basis of need and merit. The scholarship offered will either cover a full tuition waiver or in part.
- Achievement-oriented women with a graduate degree and a desire to excel professionally are eligible to apply for The Vedica Scholars Programme.
- While fresh graduates are encouraged to apply, some work experience is an added advantage.
- The batch would benefit from the diverse mix of fresh graduates and women with work experience.
They are inviting applications from bright, proficient and dynamic young women who will take on meaningful professional roles in the 21st century.
- Women who want to make a difference, leave their mark, and crack the proverbial glass ceiling.
- Women who will take charge of organisations, teams and themselves.
- Women eager to learn, engage, grow and contribute.
- Women who want to grow up to lead companies, set up entrepreneurial ventures or grassroots organisations, transform higher education or political parties, or climb the professional career ladder.
- Women who are excited by the idea of ‘shadowing a woman CEO’, learning from hand-picked faculty, belonging to a peer group of exceptional young women, experiencing a unique and holistic programme.
If this sounds like you, Apply Now and you could be a part of the VSPW Class of 2018-19!
Candidates will be assessed for their verbal, written and analytical skills, their attitude and aptitude to benefit from the unique learning experience at Vedica.
- You can apply online by registering yourself on the website.
- Complete the online application with personal and professional details as well as answers to short essay-type questions. Each aspect of the application and the interview is important and will help the Vedica panel make their decision.
- Read the FAQs
- Last date to submit applications for Round-1 | 1st November, 2017
- In-person/Skype interviews for Round-1 applicants | 15th October, 2017 – 15th November, 2017
There is no application fee. After receiving the completed applications, the shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Vedica Panel. They review complete applications on a rolling basis. Preference will be given to early applicants. Get started now!
For more information, visit Vedica Scholars Programme for Women.