Opportunity Desk is Hiring Editorial Assistants (Nigerians Only)
Deadline: November 10, 2017
Opportunity Desk is looking for two skilled people to join the team. Are you fascinated about online media and building a career in this thriving sector? Are you constantly searching for ways to increase your productivity? Do you enjoy researching, writing and editing? If so, you might have what it takes to be the next editorial assistant for OpportunityDesk.
Opportunity Desk (OD) is an online platform that bridges the gap to education by sharing information on relevant learning and growth opportunities for youth around the world. These opportunities help to facilitate young people’s efforts in exchanging ideas and preparing themselves for the future. They include: scholarships, conferences, fellowships, awards, jobs, internships and grants targeted towards individuals and organizations worldwide. OD is also committed to documenting success stories and experiences of individuals and groups through interviews, pictures and videos.
Editorial Assistant: Accepted candidates will begin with a paid internship where the quality of your work will be assessed and considered for full-time employment.
The editorial assistant will work with editors to produce content for opportunitydesk.org. Responsibilities will include:
- Research – Sourcing for content (opportunities and resources)
- Copy-editing content
- Publishing to web and social media
- Working with editors and OD team members
- Putting together weekly newsletters and deadline approaching reminder posts.
A standard salary will be paid.
This is an opportunity to:
- Hone your writing and editing skills.
- Get Letter of Recommendation from OD Founder.
- Work with the young and amazing OD Team
- Receive support/guidance from our Founder for your own applications
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- You are passionate about opportunities, global opportunities!
- You are a detail-oriented university graduate and have completed (or exempted from) the compulsory NYSC.
- You are presently based in Nigeria! Preference would be given to applicants residing in Calabar or its environs.
- You have some writing, typing and editing experience and you’d like to get more.
- Experience working for an online media platform is an added advantage. Freelance, volunteer or internship positions count.
- You are comfortable and active with all social media platforms (especially Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- You have basic knowledge of WordPress (this is an added advantage).
- You are amazingly organized and efficient, and thrive working independently (with little supervision).
We are proud of the culture we have created at Opportunity Desk. Our team is hard/smart working, thoughtful and cooperative. We are open to learning new things, accepting mistakes, taking corrections and growing. The ideal candidate for this position shares those same characteristics.
- Have a personal laptop
- Exceptional writing skills
- Great communication skills
- Analytic and Creative Skills – OD Team likes to think about new ways of improving services to youth worldwide.
- Willing to Learn
- Hard/Smart working
- Always striving to produce high quality work
How to Apply
- Please send a one-page Cover Letter and one-page CV to [email protected] by November 10, 2017.
- Subject of the Mail: “Editorial Assistant – Your Name” e.g Editorial Assistant – Adam Offiong
Note: Only successful applicants would be contacted for a Phone Interview (within one week of receiving their application).
We look forward to receiving your application.