Deadline: April 5, 2013
The Aga Khan Foundation, is pleased to invite applications for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships. The scholarship program is a collaborative effort between Aga Khan and the Institute of Education, University of London. It is awarded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom.
The Scholarships are open to prospective students from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda wishing to undertake the Institute of Education’s MA in Education and International Development, MA in Educational Planning, Economics and International Development, MA in Education, Health Promotion and International Development or MA in Education, Gender and International Development beginning in October, 2013.
Other requirements below:
- A degree course from a recognised university in education, economics, development or related studies – minimum 2nd Upper Class
- Prospective students must be citizens and residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda
- Relevant experience in a developing country context
- Must be proficient in English language (shortlisted applicants may be required to do an English language proficiency exam)
- The Scholarship is for 2 years of part-time distance learning programme. Students will spend the first year and one term studying on-line followed by a three-month period of study at the Institute of Education in London (January to March 2015) and a period to complete their dissertations in their home countries.
- The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees for the course, travel and living expenses for the period of study in London.
About Aga Khan and IOE
The Aga Khan Foundation is a non –denominational, international development agency established in 1967. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and Africa.
The Institute of Education is a college of the University of London and an international centre of excellence in education and related social sciences. The Institute, which is ranked top in the UK for education research, offers an unrivalled range of teacher training, masters programmes and doctorates to challenge, inspire and support students’ progress throughout their career in education.
For more information please contact:
Aga Khan Foundation
East Africa Regional Office
P.O. Box 40898-00100
General Mathenge Drive, Westlands
Tel: +254-41-2005358 | 2002879
Mobile +254 724 256 640
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note that applications submitted directly to the IOE & CSC will not be accepted; and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on how to apply, click here.