Deadline: May 13, 2013
Are you are an AFRICAN business woman? Vital Voices invites you to submit application for the one-year comprehensive Vital Voices Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Growth Program, which is tailored towards building capacity and skills of SME women business owners to create actionable business plans to grow their businesses. The Program will target women-owned SMEs in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
About Vital Voices Global Partnership
Vital Voices is a leading non-governmental organization (NGO) that identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities. Vital Voices equips women with business development, entrepreneurial, management and communications skills to expand their enterprises, provide for their families, and create economic opportunity in their communities
The SME Growth Training Program is an online and in-person program that integrates the latest business trends, global best practices, and interactive learning techniques. These and all other programmatic elements are regionally localized to ensure that the program is accessible and applicable to women business owners and the business environments they operate in.
The program consists of 4 components:
- An intensive participant selection process,
- Online preparatory sessions before the training that guide program participants in drafting a business plan that they will refine throughout the training,
- A 4-day in-person regional training, and
- Access to growth services based on needed skills and tools targeted in participants’ business plans.
The application for this SME Growth Program is specific to the AFRICA region. If you are an AFRICAN woman business owner please continue.
Vital Voices is seeking applications from African women business owners who:
- Own a businesses that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 staff (including temporary and/or seasonal workers), and
- Generate at least USD $25,000 in annual sales
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Are excited to participate in a one year program including on-line and in-person training and access to external business growth opportunities, and
- Recognize the value of tracking the growth of your business for up to 3 years through methods such as surveys, calls, or additional opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for the Vital Voices Global SME Growth Program, please:
Complete the application through SurveyGizmo using the following link here.
All applications must be submitted electronically to Vital Voices by the deadline – May 13, 2013.
If you encounter questions or problems with the survey, please contact: Eniola Mafe, at [email protected]
For more information, click here.