Job Opportunity: IRC is looking for a Global Youth Advisor
Deadline: July 10, 2013
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for an experienced Youth Advisor for its African Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative. The Youth Advisor will provide technical support for its proposed program, to combat exploitative child labor among youth, age 14 through 18, in Africa, by helping them develop marketable skills to secure decent work. The project will work to promote education and vocational training and decent work opportunities for those of appropriate work age.
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)-USA
Job type: Full Time and Permanent
Sector: Program Management
- Individuals are required to hold a master’s degree in economics, education, international development, or other human development related field.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of three years progressive youth programming experience, including working with at-risk youth in especially challenging circumstances.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years experience in projects promoting livelihoods interventions in developing countries.
- Candidates should have experience in the development of transitional, formal, and/or vocational education and training for young people and/or approaches to entrepreneurship education, microfranchising, apprenticeship skill building, and/or youth financial services, are a plus.
- Previous work experience in conducting and interpreting market surveys and designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans is highly desirable.
- Additional years of experience working with the private sector, ministries of labor, business associations, and trade unions or comparable entities is a plus.
- Experience in working on projects related to civil society development or youth leadership also a plus.
- Candidates should have strong writing and editorial skills, be able to work under pressure, and possess strong interpersonal and intercultural skills that enable them to work well with a diverse team.
- Experience managing USDOL-funded projects is a plus.
- Fluency of English is required.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
For more information, click here.