Women Powering Work Competition: US $25,000 for Innovative Projects
Deadline: October 2, 2013
GE and Ashoka Changemakers are seeking your innovative solutions that will advance economic opportunities for women in MENA region, strengthen their families and communities, and enable them to benefit equitably from economic growth. Applications are invited for the 2013 Women Powering Work: Innovations for Economic Equality in the MENA Region competition.
Three winners of the competition will each receive US $25,000 in unrestricted funding to support their innovations. Enter before the early entry deadline (October 2, 2013) to be eligible to win one of two additional cash prizes of US $1,000. The entry period closes on November 6, 2013.
- The competition is open to all individuals, organizations, and partnerships from around the world.
- Entries may originate in any country, but must have their primary point of impact within one or more of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen
- Idea phase entries are eligible, and we encourage their entry. However, the judges are better able to evaluate programs that are beyond the conceptual stage and have demonstrated a proof of impact. Entries must be submitted in English, Arabic, or French.
Winners of the Women Powering Work: Innovations for Economic Equality in the MENA Region competition will be those that best meet the following criteria:
- Social Impact
- Three prizes, each totalling US $25,000 in unrestricted funding to support your innovation.
- Early entry prizes, one of two US $1,000 prizes (if you enter before October 2, 2013).
For more information, click here.