IHDP Writing Contest on “Beyond GDP” Is Now Open
Deadline: October 15, 2013
International Human Dimensions Programme (IHDP) invites young scholars to write and submit an article for publication in the upcoming issue of the Dimensions magazine. The edition will contribute to the debate around the topic, “Beyond GDP”.
The magazine is directed towards a wider audience, including non-scientists interested in the topic. Cash prizes will be awarded to up to three winners whose work will be published in both the print and online version of the magazine (1st place: $ 500; 2nd place: $ 200; 3rd place: $ 100).
Cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place – US$ 500
- 2nd place – US$ 200
- 3rd place – US$ 100
- The contest is open to graduate students, PhD students or postdocs born after 1975.
- Scholars from developing countries are particularly encouraged to take part.
Please make sure to consider the following guidelines before writing and submitting your article:
- Articles must address a significant issue relating to the “Beyond GDP” debate.
- While the subject matter may cover political, technological, economic or social aspects, articles must be written in a language that is understandable to a non-scientific audience, thus avoiding the use of technical terms. Winning articles will further offer a narrative and be written in an engaging style, providing for an interesting and easy read. Please note that contributions in the style of an academic paper will not be considered.
- Submissions must be exclusive to this writing contest. In case an article gets chosen as a winner, it must not be published by any other outlet before the release of the magazine.
- Contestants are asked to provide a short paragraph about themselves stating their date of birth and field of research.
- Entries are not to exceed 2,500 words and must be submitted as an email attachment (word or pdf) to [email protected] including “Writing Contest” in the subject line.
All submissions will be reviewed carefully. Winners will be announced on the IHDP Web site and social media channels and informed via email toward mid November 2013.
For more information, click here.