Injaz’s Start Up Egypt Competition
Deadline: November 15, 2013
Are you between 20 to 25 years old? Do you have a dream? People don’t believe you will succeed? You don’t know where to start or what to do? Are you ready to take a risk to live your dream? Awesome! Now is the time to make it happen! Apply now for the Injaz’s Start Up Egypt competition.
Start-up Egypt is a pipeline tailored to passionate, hard-working, creative university students. The purpose is a holistic, long-term approach that can take an enthusiastic student from any field of study in any public university with no prior business experience or knowledge, and transform him or her into a successful entrepreneur with an innovative new business that contributes to our national economy and generates jobs.
INJAZ-Egypt’s entrepreneurial pipeline is designed to ensure each participant receives the necessary guidance to start their own business. We urge you to watch the animated video below before applying because it will help you gain a better understanding of what is expected of you, and the process you will be going through for the next 14 months.
The pipeline is divided into three main phases to ensure each member is exposed to all the necessary information and to help fulfill your dreams and creating your start up.
- The first phase, ideation, is when INJAZ opens its doors for applications. Students are expected to form teams with a maximum of five students in each team and provide a write-up about their business idea.
- The second phase, acceleration, is when students develop their product/service further whilst receiving guidance and assistance along the way.
- The third phase, incubation, is chiefly concerned with ensuring teams receive all the necessary components to launch their business idea into the real world.
Winning teams are provided with physical incubation, and seed funding from the companies that adopted them. Expert mentors are assigned to each team to coach them every step of the way. All products and services will be displayed for potential angel investors to view, giving the teams an opportunity to receive generous funding and exposure.
You can participate if you are;
- between 20 to 25 years old
- A passionate, hard-working, creative university student
- An enthusiastic student from any field of study in any public university with no prior business experience or knowledge
Applications should be filled in by the founder of the idea. Teams cannot exceed 5 members. If you do not have a team there will be a networking event where you can form teams with other students.
For more information, click here.