Deadline: May 1, 2014
Starting from January 15, 2014, applications will be accepted for the 2014 Tech Awards. The Tech Awards program inspires global engagement in applying technology to humanity’s most pressing problems by recognizing individuals, organizations, and companies that use innovative technology solutions.
The Tech Awards laureates are profoundly improving the human condition through the use of technology. It is the goal of The Tech Awards to showcase their compelling stories and reward their brilliant accomplishments.
- Intel Environment Award
- Microsoft Education Award
- Katherine M. Swanson Young Innovator Award
- Nokia Health Award
- Flextronics Economic Development Award
Applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The technology application significantly improves the human condition in one of the 5 award areas: Environment, Education, Young Innovator, Health or Economic Development.
- A serious problem or challenge with global significance is addressed by this use of technology.
- The application of this technology, which may be either a new invention or an innovative use of an existing technology, makes a noteworthy contribution that surpasses previous or current solutions.
- The technology application has the potential to serve as an inspiration or model for further innovation.
- The technology application is in the field and has demonstrated a measurable benefit.
- An exception for the previous criteria is made for the The Katherine M. Swanson Young Innovator Award.
NOTE: Applications for The Tech Awards 2014 opens on January 15, 2014 and closes 11:59 PST on May 1, 2014.
For more information, click here.