2014 Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Salam Fellowship
Deadline: January 15, 2014
Applications for the MENA Salam Fellowship (Middle East and North Africa Salam Fellowship) in Morocco – March 14-16 2013 are open now! The purpose of the fellowship is to engage young open-minded leaders and support their growth as change-makers to effectively contribute to the region’s democratic transition.
The retreat will include interactive activities, meditation sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with new skills for non-violent resistance. They will wield the power of their position responsibly, with care for others in their heart, as a result of embodying the qualities of meditation. This fellowship will be the first of its kind in the MENA region to bridge this gap between inner transformation and social change, which will lead to transformational activism.
- Bring young leaders and activists from the MENA region together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experiences by fostering mutual dialogue and share visions to manifest tangible changes in their communities.
- Provide the participants with the tools to inner peace, self-development and meditation that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work.
- Acquire Leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline and compassion.
The MENA Salam Fellowship in Morocco includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Candidates must be nationals and residents of these countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, the Republic of the Sudan, the Republic of South Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates Western Sahara and Yemen.
- Candidates should be 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed at least 14 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should be young leaders who are actively working in democracy, human rights and peace-building within the spheres of society, culture and media.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates need to pay a commitment fee of 100USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union)
For more information, click here.