2014 American Youth Leadership Program with Peru (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 6, 2014
Applications are now accepted from students and educators for the 2014 Youth Leadership Program. The American Youth Leadership Program with Peru is a fully-funded leadership exchange program that brings together 18 youth and 3 educators from diverse backgrounds for a unique cross-cultural opportunity. Participants explore the country and culture of Peru, as well as issues of food security and nutrition both at home and abroad.
Student and educator participants explore the issues of food security and nutrition at the community, national and global levels. Through cultural exploration and academic study of a pressing global issue, the American Youth Leadership Program inspires action, advocacy and responsible global citizenship.
Applicants are selected based on merit from a competitive and diverse pool of submissions.
All youth participants must:
- Be American high school students;
- Be Between the ages of 15-17, and;
- Have at least one semester of school remaining after program participation.
All participants must:
- Be U.S. citizens (due to travel and visa requirements).
- (Educators) Have worked with high-school aged youth for at least one year and currently be teaching at a high school or middle school
- Adult participants may be teachers, trainers, school administrators, and/or community leaders who work with youth; they will have the role of exchange participant, chaperone, and post-exchange mentor.
For more information, click here.