Deadline: January 30, 2014
The IAHR African Trust Fund invites young scholars to apply for the 2014 Research & Publication Grants. The IAHR African Trust Fund seeks to facilitate and promote the advancement of research and the development of scholarship on religion in the African continent (and nearby islands) by encouraging scholarly and contextual research initiatives and practices, as well as publications.
Applications are welcome from young scholars, in particular of any ethnic/national origin, working and/or studying in any higher academic or research institution on the African continent (and nearby islands), whose research project needs financial support or whose publication in an African publishing house (scientific journal) requires a subsidy.
The total grant allocation for 2014 is US$4000. The grant application is divided into two categories and successful applicants will be awarded the respective amounts within the specific category:
- Research and/or Publication: 2 X Award of US$1000
- Research and/or Publication: 4 X Award of US$500
- Applicants have to be scholars resident in Africa and associated with any higher academic or research institution within this context.
- Members to the IAHR member associations, namely the African Association for the Study of Religion (AASR), the Association for the Study of Religion in Southern Africa (ASRSA), and the East African Association for the Study of Religion (EAASR) are also encouraged to apply.
- Members of the Nigerian Association for the Study of Religion (NASR), no longer a member to the IAHR, may apply if they are also individual members to the AASR.
For more information, click here.