Deadline: January 8, 2014
Applications are now open for the 2014 Stars Impact Awards. The Awards recognise outstanding organisations working to improve the lives of disadvantaged children in countries with the highest rates of under-five mortality. Projects awarded must aim at the delivery of programmes and impact on the lives of disadvantaged children.
A total of 24 Awards will be split across these three regions and the four categories of Health, Education, Protection and WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene). The main Impact Award will be given to four winners per region
Each Award is US$100,000 of unrestricted funding and additional tailored consultancy support, PR and media support. In addition, Runner up Awards of up to $50,000 plus consultancy will be made at the discretion of the Stars Board of Trustees.
You are eligible to apply if;
- Your organisation is a locally registered non-profit-making organisation – a charity, non-governmental organisation, voluntary organisation or similar
- Your organisation works directly or indirectly with children in one or more of the areas of Health, Education, Protection or WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
- Your organisation legally established and registered in one of the countries in Africa-Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America-Caribbean. Full list of countries is available here.
- Your organisation have its own annual independently audited annual accounts with an annual income in its most recent set of independently audited annual accounts between US$200,000 and US$4,000,000 (or equivalent in local currency)
- Your organisation has its own constitution, bank account and a dedicated Board of Trustees/Directors
- Your organisation open to staff and beneficiaries from different faiths
- Your organisation have independent decision-making power and complete autonomy over how it spends its money
Please read through the eligibility criteria section carefully before applying to the Impact Awards.
For more information, click here.