International Internship Opportunity with The Center for International Policy, Washington DC
Deadline: March 16, 2014
The Center for International Policy (CIP) offers unpaid internship positions for current students and recent graduates every spring, summer and fall. Internships are generally full time, 5 days a week from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Applications are now open for the 2014 Summer Internship program between May and August.
While specific tasks will vary depending on the program, CIP interns work directly with senior staff on various projects. Duties can include helping to organize conferences and delegations, updating program websites, research support, general administrative assistance, and other projects depending on an intern’s interests.
- Communications and Fundraising Intern
- National Security Intern
- Common Defense Campaign Intern
- Latin America Rights & Security Research Fellow
- Latin America Security Intern
- Middle East/Central Eurasia Transparency & Accountability Intern
- Africa Transparency & Accountability Intern
- Financial Transparency Coalition Intern
Find details on the Positions and Qualifications in the link below.
General Eligibility and Criteria
Although applications are accepted from anyone without consideration of age or academic level, undergraduate students in their third or fourth year of studies generally benefit most from CIP internships.
Generally, the intern coordinator is looking for
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CIP’s work. We expect candidates who are serious about CIP internships to spend some time on the website and put the knowledge they gain to good use.
- Organization and coherence. All the sentences in a paragraph should go together. Make your points as succinctly and clearly as possible.
For more information, click here.