Deadline: February 28, 2014
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey. The scholarship covers fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
The scholarship will consist of:
- A monthly stipend of 1.500 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc/MA students
- A monthly stipend of 1.800 Turkish Liras (TL) for PhD students
- Tuition Fee (up to 2.000 Turkish Liras)
- A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only.
- Maximum duration for the scholarship is 2 years for the Masters and 4 years for the PhD program.
All scholarship awardees who successfully complete a Master’s program will be rewarded scholarship for a PhD program on the condition that they are admitted to a program at a Turkish University.
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master’s program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
- Applicants who are medal winners at any branch of the International Science Olympiads will be given priority.
For more information, click here.