Deadline: February 28, 2014
Proposals are invited from young leaders from across Africa and Europe for the Africa-Europe Youth Summit Awards. The summit aims to strengthen the ties between young people in Africa and Europe, in order to increase their knowledge about the European Union and the African Union and their policies related to the living conditions of young people on the two continents. The 3rd Africa Europe Youth Leaders Summit that will be held on March 31-April 1 in Brussels, Belgium, seeks to give recognition and acknowledgement of the work done by youth in the cooperation between Africa and Europe.
Three projects implemented from December 2010 to February 2014 based on priorities of Africa-Europe Youth Dimension will be presented and will receive an Award during the Youth Summit at the Gala diner gathering Youth Leaders, Ambassadors and Business personalities of both continents.
- To recognize and give visibility to grass-roots and different level projects related to Africa-
- Europe youth cooperation, with special focus on the three different topics: entrepreneurship, leadership and youth for peace.
- To promote cooperation practices by African and European youth organizations.
- To stimulate youth organizations to promote best practices related with African-Europe
- To encourage youth leaders and actors on project development focused on youth
- leadership, youth entrepreneurship and youth for peace from Africa and Europe.
The call is targeted at youth organizations established in African and European countries.
- Youth organizations in Africa and Europe that develop projects in the youth field and in the African-Europe dimension.
- Youth member’s organizations from PYU, YFJ, ADYNE, NIYOA and AC based in Africa and Europe.
- The project has to be implemented by youth NGO, Youth councils, and member organisations of YFJ, PYU, ADYNE, NIYOA and AC. The project can be done in partnership with other organisations and Institutions.
- The project must have Youth as their main target group.
- The project must have a strong Africa-EU dimension.
- The project must fit into one of the priorities for the Summit (Youth Leadership, Youth Entrepreneurship, Youth for Peace).
- The project must be an event, group of events or program that has taken place between 1 December 2010 and 28th February 2014.
- The applications must not exceed 2 pages.
- The application form should include 2 representatives of the project applied and the details of valid passport as requested in the application.
- Only one representative of each project selected will attend the African Europe Youth Leaders Summit in Brussels.
- A replacement can be decided in case the main responsible person of project is not available to attend the African Europe Youth Leaders Summit in Brussels.
- The responsible person must be available to attend the African Europe Youth Leaders Summit in Brussels from 31st of March to 2nd of April 2014.
- The responsible person for the project must check if he/she needs a visa to travel to Belgium and apply accordingly, a supporting letter will be provided by the JAES SM.
Members of the 5 permanent partners of the Africa-Europe Youth Platform can apply with projects to award recognition. The applications must be sent to [email protected].
For more information, click here.