Restless Development Volunteer Opportunity 2014 : Youth & Governance Advisor
Deadline:March 9, 2014
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer? Restless Development is looking for a young volunteer to advise our Global Policy & Practice Unit on the development of our strategy and work on Youth in Governance. The Youth & Governance Advisor will support the Global Policy & Practice Unit, including the Global Advocacy team, to advise on the development of targets, indicators and other aspects of our governance recommendations.
- This is an unpaid voluntary position. However, in case there is an opportunity for international travel, costs for travel, accommodation and expenses will be covered by Restless Development.
- Have an active interest and experience in governance, on the local or national level.
- The Youth & Governance Advisor should be a young person with some experience on governance and/or accountability, in particular related to young people, in his/her local community or country.
- He/she will be assisting the organisation through online volunteering, and will be doing reading and desk based research on the topic.
- He/She will be from the Global South and have an active interest and experience in governance, on the local or national level.
- Originate from the Global South (Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East).
- Good written and verbal English
- Direct experience of working on governance and accountability issues with young people at the national/community/grassroots level (e.g. as a field researcher, community development worker/volunteer, youth advocate);
- Basic understanding of governance policy issues;
- Passion and enthusiasm for youth-led development;
- Good written and analytical skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly and on own initiative;
- Regular access to the internet.
Preferred, but not essential:
- Basic experience/knowledge on research for policy development;
- A broad understanding of the Post-2015 process.
- All application forms must be sent to [email protected] by 6 pm (GMT+1) . CVs, covering letters or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Skype interviews will be held in the week of the 10th of March. If you haven’t received a response from us by this date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
For more information, Click here