Deadline: October 21, 2014
The Supply Chain Finance Community invites students from around the globe to participate in the Global Student Challenge. The contest aims to create awareness on- and stimulate development in the topic of Supply Chain Finance. It seeks to identify the best student talents and connecting them to the corporate sector. Not only does the challenge allow the students better insight in developments in this area but by means of an internship they have a chance to kick start their career at some of the world’s leading companies.
The challenge is based on The Cool Connection, a simulation specifically designed around the physical and financial supply chain. The aim is to bring together a great number of universities and companies worldwide via this student challenge, identify top talents around the world and connect them to the corporate sector.
The Cool Connection is an innovative web-based business simulation. It engages participants in making strategic decisions in the management of a manufacturing company of personal care products. Working in teams of four, participants will represent the functional roles of sales, purchasing, supply chain and finance.
The National Winners participating to the Grand Finale will have the chance to be enrolled into International Internships with the major sponsors of The Contest such as Heineken, Unilever, and Philips.
The top 20 national teams will be invited for an action packed Grand Final at Windesheim in The Netherlands where they compete for EUR 20,000 in total prize money.
- The Challenge is Global and is open for all the countries in the world.
- The Challenge is open for students of both MBA, Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree. Final and pre –final year students are eligible to apply.
- It is necessary to form a team of 4 and get an endorsement from a professor to participate in the Global Student Challenge.
- In order to be eligible for an internship you need to fully complete your personal profile. All fields (also not mandatory fields) have to be filled out! Only if it is not applicable (example: you don’t have LinkedIn) it can remain open.
1. National Rounds (Qualification) – Professors may decide on the selection criteria for the 2 representing teams (academic performance of the team members or a competition at university/ national level). From June 2 to October 21 in which endorsed student teams have the opportunity to qualify for the Global Rounds (Competition).
2. Global Rounds (Competition) – From November 3 to December 15 in which qualified student teams compete in 3 competition rounds monitored by SCFC & TCC
3. Grand Finale – TOP 20 national winners together with their professors will be invited for a full week of Supply Chain Finance experience (all expenses covered for both teams and professors) in The Netherlands
How to participate
In order to participate,
- You need to form a team of four full-time students in your final or pre-final year of studies and approach a professor at your school.
- The professor needs to endorse your team for the Challenge.
- Register here.
For more information, visit Global Student Challenge.