2015 AMSI Summer School for Students – University of Newcastle (Travel Grants available)
Deadline: November 2, 2014
The Australian Mathematical Science Institute (AMSI) Summer School invites applications for the 2015 program taking place from January 5-29, 2015 at the University of Newcastle. AMSI Summer School is a four-week residential school in the mathematical sciences and cognate disciplines. It is an exciting opportunity for mathematical sciences students from around Australia to come together over the summer break to develop their skills and networks.
Eight exciting subjects given by eminent lecturers from around Australia give you the opportunity to study areas that may not be available at your university. You can choose to take one or two of the subjects that are on offer. You may be able to take these subjects for credit at your home institution. There’s plenty of time to meet your fellow students, relax and start thinking about your future. Program extras include icebreaker events, special guest lectures, careers and women in mathematics events.
The AMSI Summer School is funded jointly by the Department of Education, the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute, with support from University of Newcastle, AustMS and ANZIAM.
Learn from Australia’s leading mathematicians & statisticians
- Gain credit towards your degree
- Meet future employers at the Careers Afternoon
- Build your networks at dinners, BBQs & special events
- Broaden and deepen your knowledge base with advanced coursework
- Choose from a wide range of courses to suit your speciality
- Discover the latest subject in your discipline
- Open to mathematical sciences students from around Australia.
- The school is primarily for honours and postgraduate students in the mathematical sciences and cognate disciplines, but all with a suitable background are welcome to attend.
Travel Grants are only available to students from AMSI member institutions that are enrolled as an honours or postgraduate student at an AMSI member institution during first semester 2015.
There are a number of Travel Grants available:
- Full support – return travel* to Newcastle and accommodation at Burnet House (on the campus of the University of Newcastle) for the duration of the Summer School
- Travel support – return travel* to Newcastle (up to specific amount depending on your location in Australia see table below)
- Accommodation support – accommodation at Burnet House (on the campus of the University of Newcastle) for the duration of the Summer School
- Partial support – return travel* to Newcastle and half of accommodation costs for the duration of the Summer School.
Apply here for full or partial travel support to attend this School.
Travel Grant applications & 1st registration close: 2 November 2014
Final registration close: 20 November 2014
NOTE: Read the FAQs carefully before applying.
For more information, visit AMSI Summer School.