Deadline: December 1, 2014
Applications are now accepted for the Green Pioneer Accelerator Program for green entrepreneurs. This ambitious, continental acceleration program targets green entrepreneurs looking to take their innovations to scale in Africa. Organized by Impact Amplifier, Growth Africa, VC4Africa and Hivos, the Green Pioneer Accelerator Program has been developed for early stage companies looking to position themselves for scale.
Are you an entrepreneur working on a highly scalable product or services that mitigates the effects of climate change? Does your business introduce renewable energy sources to market or reduce energy consumption? Or are you working on a different innovation that makes our society and planet both greener and healthier? If so, then consider joining the 2015 Green Pioneer Acceleration Program and participate in either the Kenya or South Africa cohort.
This program combines a rigorous curriculum with practical experience shared by successful entrepreneurs, mentors and investors. Fundraise with over 600 private sector investors and tap into the combined networks and knowledge of Impact Amplifier, Growth Africa, VC4Africa and Hivos.
Upon successful graduation, the 10 enterprises from each cohort will be showcased to a group of investors including impact-focused as well as impact-agnostic angel investors and early stage VC funds. The showcase will be done through VC4Africa’s online platform and culminates with an investor showcase at Impact Amplifier.
- Applicants should either have a working prototype with clear market demand and/or already be generating revenue.
- This program is designed to support entrepreneurs who have ambitions to take the next step in growing their business to a national and regional scale.
- Application process runs to the 1st of December 2014;
- Selection and announcement will be made 15th of December 2014;
- Initial diagnostics and program prep will take place between December 15th, 2014 and January 15th, 2015;
- The Acceleration program begins January 15th, 2015;
- Graduation is in April, 2015;
- Selected participants will receive deal making support the rest of 2015.
VC4Africa will be running the applications process for both accelerators. This is another way the online community platform VC4Africa seeks to connect entrepreneurs with quality programs and investment opportunities.
For more information, visit Green Cohort Kenya and Green Cohort South Africa.