Apply to attend the 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum – Riga, Latvia (fully-funded)
Deadline: October 31, 2014
Are you a youth worker, youth leader, project manager or youth policy maker? Apply for the 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum – a place to discover and create innovative, cross-sectorial approaches towards employability of young people! The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum, organized by the Latvian National Agency of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme will bring together about 200 participants in Riga, Latvia in May 2015.
Representatives/participants should have one of the following profiles:
- Young person active in youth organisations;
- Youth worker;
- Ministerial representative;
- Representative of business field (unions, employers’ organisations, job services etc.);
- Representative of formal education;
- Young journalist willing to spread the word about the 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum.
The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum* is organised by the Agency of International Programs for Youth, which is the Latvian National Agency of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme, in cooperation with the European Commission, the Latvian Ministries of Foreign Affairs and of Education and Science and other stakeholders. The final results of the Forum will be presented in the 4th Eastern Partnership Summit which will take place in Riga/Latvia in May 2015.
The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will showcase and further develop the Eastern Partnership and Erasmus+ Programme countries’ joint youth cooperation. The Forum will provide space to discuss and recommend steps to be taken as regards young people’s employability in this context with a focus on:
- Mobility and partnership programmes (European Union, Council of Europe, United Nations and other programmes);
- Cross-sectorial cooperation;
- Exchange of good practices (innovative ideas);
- Youth policy development.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Programme and co-financed by the EC (in the frame of Platform IV).
- For selected participants, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or the EC- except a participation fee which varies from country to country.
- For EaP countries all travel expenses will be covered.
- For Programme countries- please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The Forum is looking for participants from Erasmus+ Programme Youth in Action Programme countries and Eastern Partnership countries who:
- Can communicate in English or Russian;
- Are at least 18 years old;
- Can commit to actively take part in the preparation phase before the Forum by looking for and sharing good practices, stating opinions on the themes of the Forum and getting acquainted with background policy planning documents;
- Have the opportunity to apply and multiply the experiences and learning after the Forum.
The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will be mainly held in English. Simultaneous interpretation from and to Russian/English will be provided in the plenary sessions. In the working groups, linguistic support will be available.
Candidates with special needs are encouraged to apply. The organiser is ready to provide the assistance needed (for example personal assistant, sign language, accessible rooms & transport, etc.).
Eastern Partnership Countries include: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, European Union, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine
Youth in Action Programme countries include: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Note: Before applying please contact the NA of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs.
For more information and to apply visit 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum.