Deadline: November 9, 2014
Applications are now open for the Peace Revolution East & South African Youth Fellowship taking place in Gaborone, Botswana from January 26-30 2015. The fellowship will bring together 50 young people from all over East/South Africa who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real world change. This retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, peace education, conflict prevention and youth empowerment through the primary means of meditation and self-development.
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life, study and work? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work? Peace Revolution offers you the opportunity to cultivate a strong peace culture based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out, and invites you to the East & South African Regional Fellowship in Gaborone, Botswana.
The fellowship offers a 5 days intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment.
The fellowship includes:
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free meditation retreat fee
- Candidates must be East & South African nationals residing in Africa. The countries from these region are: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Reunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, South Sudan, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland. .
- Candidates should be 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program by November 25th. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace and dialogue.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations/institutions.
- Candidates need to pay a commitment fee of 100USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union)
Please note that the deadline for applications is October 31, 2014 while the eligibility deadline – November 25th, 2014 (last date to complete at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program).
For more information, visit Peace Revolution African Youth Fellowship.