Deadline: November 6, 2014
Space Telescope Science Institute is currently accepting applications for Hubble Fellowship program. This program provides an opportunity for highly qualified recent postdoctoral scientists to conduct independent research that is broadly related to the NASA Cosmic Origins scientific goals as addressed by any of the missions in that program: the Hubble Space Telescope, Spitzer Space Telescope, Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA), the Herschel Space Observatory, and the James Webb Space Telescope. The research will be carried out at United States Host Institutions chosen by each Fellow.Up to 17 new Hubble Fellowships will be awarded for 2015.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have received a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral-level research degree in astronomy, physics, or a related discipline on or after January 1, 2012
- open to citizens of the United States and to English-speaking citizens of other countries
- Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, or national origin
- Three years fellowship support
- Annual stipend of approximately $67,000 plus benefits
- An additional allowance of $16,000 per year for travel and other research costs
- The following institutions are not eligible to accept a Hubble Fellow in 2015: Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, University of California, Santa Cruz
- In addition, the Hubble Fellow can receive health insurance, relocation costs, and support for travel, computing services, publications, and other direct research costs
Funding will be provided initially for the first year of the Fellowship. Renewals for the second and third years will depend on annual performance reviews.
- Submit an online application
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A summary of previous and current research (limited to three pages total, including references)
- A copy of the research proposal, described below (limited to 3 pages text plus 2 pages references/figures)
Formatting style: All materials submitted must be in at least 12-point fonts, single spaced, and all pages should be numbered. Non-U.S. applicants should make sure that their applications will copy successfully onto 8.5×11 inch (21.6×28 cm) paper without loss (i.e., with 1-inch margins on all sides). Please keep each file to less than 2 MB