Deadline: December 1, 2014
Stanford University is currently accepting applications for the JSK Fellowship. John S. Knight (JSK) Fellowship is a life-changing experience.Each year, 20 journalists from all over the world come together as JSK Fellows for 10 months of learning, collaborating, creating and fun.Diversity of background, experience and viewpoints is a fundamental value of this program, therefore , JSK fellowship program enthusiastically include spouses, partners and families in fellowship life.
- JSK Fellowship is open to all journalist around the world
- No college degree is required
- Experience: U.S. applicants for a JSK Fellowship ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants ideally have at least five years.
- Applicants must fall in one or more of these categories: (1)Journalists employed by a news organization or journalism freelancers (2)Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators (3)Journalism business and management executives
- $65,000 stipend (paid in 10 monthly installments, September through June)
- Free tuition
- $4,000 fund for books, research and equipment supplement
- Full Housing supplement ($3,000 to single fellows, married fellows and those with domestic partners who are not bringing children; $10,000 for fellows with one child;$13,000 for fellows with two or more children)
- Child Care supplement ($12,000 for one child under age 5; $9,000 for each additional child under age 5; $6,000 for each child ages 5 to 17)
- Stanford Health Insurance supplement (ranging from $4,300/year for single fellows- $10,250/year for couples with 2 or more kids)
- Moving supplement (ranging from $2,000-3,000 for fellows living in the US and $3,000-6,000 for fellows living outside the US)
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new start-ups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers.
- Opportunities to join classes taught by top-notch Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialties.
- A rich intellectual and cultural campus life, including live theater, music and dance performances and special lectures and events.
- Fellowship social events where everyone can get to know one another.
- Exposure to the incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that 20-plus fellows from all over the world bring to the program.
- New friendships, professional connections and entrepreneurial skills that will continue beyond your 10 months with us.
Submit an online application. This application includes
- Applicant Information
- Employment History
- Journalism Challenge
- Journalistic Autobiography
- Biographical Sketch
- Work Samples
- Awards, Fellowships, and Certificates
- Letters of Recommendation