Deadline: December 22, 2014
Early Career Scientists from around the world are invited to submit applications to participate in next year’s Future Earth Young Scientist Networking Conference on Integrated Science. The Future Earth Young Scientists Networking Conference on Integrated Science discussing the theme of “Future Sustainability — the role of Science in the SDGs” will take place at Villa Vigoni, the German-Italian Centre for Cultural and Scientific Exchange at Lake Como in Italy, from 24-30 May, 2015.
The conference will bring together senior and leading scientists and researchers with a diversity of perspectives to identify top priority questions for future research on the topic. They will provide not only a chance to fully realise the overview of the state of the art in the topic/field, but also to interact and network with leading thinkers — forging new collaborations, and fostering new compelling integrated science.
The meeting is designed to become the starting point for new international integrated science research spearheaded by Future Earth. They will provide not only a chance to fully realise the overview of the state of the art in the topic/field, but also to interact and network with leading thinkers – forging new collaborations, and fostering new compelling integrated
Travel expenses (economy trip) as well as cost for the stay at Villa Vigoni will be covered for successful applicants for the duration of the conference.
- The Networking Conference is open to post-doctoral researchers interested in integrated science and the collaboration between the social and the natural sciences.
- Post-doctoral researchers with no more than 10 years work experience following their PhD; or individuals with equivalent qualifications (preferably under the age of 40)
- Interest in international, trans-disciplinary, intercultural research cooperation
- A full (no more than 1 page) CV to include:
- o Education
- o Current position
- o Other relevant experiences or academic awards
- o Candidate’s current research topic(s)
- List of up to 5 of the candidates publications, which he/she values highest of which the best paper should be included as a reprint
- A brief outline (half page max) of how the candidate’s work is relevant to the seminar topic
- A half page (max) outlining why she/he should be participating in the meeting
- A half page (max) abstract for candidate’s proposed poster
How to Apply
Please submit all applications by email in a single pdf file to: [email protected]
- name the file with your last name
- stating “Application NetConf 2015” in the email subject line
For more information, visit ICSU Young Scientists Networking Conference.