Apply for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize
Deadline: February 2, 2015
“The European Charlemagne Youth Prize” is awarded jointly and annually by the European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen. It aims to encourage the development of European consciousness among young people, as well as their participation in European integration projects.
The Prize is awarded to projects undertaken by young people which foster understanding, promote the development of a shared sense of European identity, and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
- The prize for the best project is €5000.
- The second prize is €3000.
- The third prize is €2000.
As part of the prize, the three final laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg). Also, the representatives of all the 28 national projects selected will be invited to a four-day trip in Aachen, Germany. The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representative of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
- Applicants must be between 16 to 30 years of age.
- They must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union.
- Application can be individual or in groups; in the case of group and multinational projects, the project can only be submitted in one country.
- The projects submitted for the competition must have started and have finished within the calendar year (12 months) preceding the current application deadline or be still running.
- Complete the online application form.
- A Declaration by the applicant form should also be completed and attached.
- For project details, please note that you will need to upload your full description as an attachment.
- If you attach your project as a pdf, please also include a Word file of the same document. If necessary, attach more than one file. Supported formats are: doc(x), pdf, xls(x), ppt, odt, txt, jpg, gif.
- If possible, please submit your project in one language only.
- Please do not forget to submit a summary of your project in English (EN), French (FR) or German (DE). The summary should be short but exhaustive, covering the main aspects of your project. Often, the summary is the first element the jury observes when evaluating the project.
- Please note that in the case of group and multinational projects, the project can only be submitted in one country.
- After you have filled in all required information, click on the SUBMIT button and wait for the confirmation message. Afterwards you may print a copy of the application for your records.