Call for Youth Delegates – International Conference on Family Planning 2015 – Nusa Dua, Indonesia (fully-funded)
Deadline: June 5, 2015
The organizers of the 2015 International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) are seeking youth worldwide to serve as speakers and/or moderators on youth-focused and other sessions at the conference. The ICFP Youth Video Contest invites young people to create videos demonstrating their passion for family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Young people who are selected will have their conference registration and travel costs covered, and will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective to the program. The Conference will take place from November 9-12, 2015 in Nusa Dua, Indonesia.
- Conference registration and travel costs will be covered for winners
- The top candidates will be chosen to speak, moderate, or have other roles in voicing the youth perspectives on family planning during the conference in Nusa Dua, Indonesia.
- Outstanding video submissions, whether or not from winning candidates, will be compiled and displayed at the conference and/or the conference website.
To be eligible for the youth video contest;
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on or before November 1, 2015 (born between 1st November 1990 and 1 st November 1997).
- The applicant must have experience in the field of family planning and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights (SHRH) or adolescent health in order to be able to serve as a speaker and/or moderator at the youth-focused sessions.
- You must complete your own video submission, but may seek assistance from local organizations or other resources.
- At least one professional reference should be provided in support of the candidates’ qualifications.
- You can only enter the contest once.
You are encouraged to talk about family planning in relation to the conference theme – Global Commitments, Local Actions, in your application – or make a creative video related to the theme.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Clarity of family planning adolescent SHRH message.
- Ability to speak to and convey a message to an audience
- Background and reference
- Interest and ability to learn and contribute to the process
- Clarity of image and sound in the video submission (for transfer onto multimedia screen and visibility from a distance).
- The video is to highlight your experience with family planning, your creativity, and your ability to convey an important message to an audience.
- You may use photos, music, or other graphics but you must also speak during the video. The submission must be your original work.
- You, the applicant, must hold all rights to the submission including the copyright.
- You may get assistance from organizations or individuals (e.g., for equipment) but the actual video MUST depict your unique qualifications.
- The submission must be at least thirty (30) seconds in length and may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. In the case that a longer video is provided, a start and end point of a 5-minute time segment must be indicated.
- The submission must be in either French or English. Submissions in other languages should include English subtitles.
- You will have to make the video publicly available so that when you submit the URL, we can access your video.
- The video must not contain material that violates the rights of others, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, tort, or intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademark, or patent right).
- The video must not contain copyrighted music, images, footage, artwork, or videos not owned by you as an applicant.
- The video must not contain inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, or discriminatory materials that violate international human rights.
How to Submit
In the spirit of using new technology to spread the word about family planning, the 2015 ICFP will be accepting applications for youth speakers through video submissions.
- To get started, see the complete application guidelines
- Create a free account on YouTube or Vimeo
- Prepare a video of up to five minutes about who you are and their engagement in family planning.
- Apply online at: www.fpconference.org/2015/youth
For more information, visit International Conference on Family Planning.