African Youth Excellence Awards
Deadline: May 31, 2015
The African Youth Excellence Awards (AYEA) honors young Africans pursuing outstanding projects in their respective fields, while providing a platform for the discussion of pressing issues affecting the youth. AYE focuses on highlighting the accomplishments of ‘Pursuers’ in the areas of: art, education, information technology, entrepreneurship, innovation and humanitarianism among others. The African Youth Excellence Awards will be held once annually; the primary target audience includes young professionals and top executives.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and not older than 35.
- Be of an African descent (Applicant was born in Africa or born in the US but parents are originally from Africa).
- Be a resident in the United States (An exception will be provided for an applicant whose residential address is abroad, but is currently pursuing a project in Africa).
- Show leadership, innovation, creativity, and/or entrepreneurship in their area of focus.
- High School students must be 18 years of age or turning 18.
- High School applicants must be graduating students. AYE will verify the academic background of students who are nominated.
- AYE Award winners will be inducted into the AYE fellowship program for a stipulated period of time.
- All accepted nominees are pursuers and will have their stories on our website at least one month before the Awards ceremony.
- Young African in Arts
- Young African in Public Service
- Young African in ICT
- Young African Scholar
- Young African Entrepreneur
- Young African in Leadership
- Top High School Student
See details about each category here.
Profile Story Requirement
- Applicants must provide brief background information.
- Applicants must delve into what makes them a pursuer.
- Please provide a summary of a project you are working on.
- Please highlight awards or recognitions you have received.
- Applicants should provide some insights on their future aspirations.
- Your profile story must be at least one page, but not more than two pages.
Photo requirement (For selected nominees only)
- Nominees must submit an unpublished professional headshot.
- A white/gray professional background.
- Photograph must be up close and of high quality.
- Photograph must be of high resolution and at least 2mb in size
How to Enter
Either apply as an individual/organization or nominate an individual/organization. Apply here.
- The AYE Award program selects two nominees for each category, but only awards one pursuer per category with the exception of the High School category. This category will be awarded to two students.
- All selected nominees must submit at least one professional letter of recommendation, a professional headshot, and proof of their project (s) or current achievement(s) 2 weeks after acceptance letter.