The Intel Student Partner Program For Students in Nigerian Universities
Deadline: September 25, 2015
Intel is launching its Student Partner Program! This program aims to advance student education on technology development in three Nigerian universities; the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife; Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port-Harcourt; and the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
The Intel Student Partner program is an opportunity for active students to enhance their professional development and soft skills, to meet and collaborate with some of the most interesting people in the region, and to have fun introducing Intel products to their fellow students through holding events on campus.
University status: Participants must be enrolled in a full time program in computer science or engineering field at the following universities:
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
Federal University Of Technology, Akure
Rivers State University Of Technology, Port-Harcourt
Academic excellence: Participants must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of minimum 3.5 from their university. Proof of grade point average in the form of academic transcripts is required.
Leadership experience: Participants must demonstrate that they have previously organized and led other students in running or implementing a project or event that is of value to the University community. Proof for this should be provided in the form of reference letters from the organization for which they implemented the program.
Partners will receive the following benefits:
- Profiling within the Intel Developer Zone (within regional sections dedicated for Africa as a Partner).
- Opportunity to participate in certain Intel events locally and internationally. For any event that requires travel, Intel will cover all associated, reasonable costs (transport, accommodation and board) on behalf of the Partner based on actually incurred costs only which must be supported by a valid proof of payment.
- Sneak peeks at some development tools, and industry-defining software applications that are public but may not be readily available in your specific market.
- Access to mentors within Intel to support Partners to build their global network and career skillset.
- Monthly stipend of $50 (Stipend) payable in equivalent local currency. The Stipend will only be available for months of Partners’ full time enrollment at the University, excluding University holiday months, (Eligible Months). The Stipend will be subject to additional contractual obligations to be signed by the Partners with the Agency.
- Branded Intel merchandise (Merchandise): 1 branded jacket, 1 branded T-shirt, 1 branded laptop bag, 1 branded laptop cover of a total value of approximately $200.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- Upload a Faculty or University endorsement Letter
For more information, visit the Intel Student Partner Program