Deadline: March 16, 2016
The Imagine Cup is a skill-based competition comprised of three competitions. The object of this competition is to create innovative and original software applications. Open to students around the world, the competition spans one year, beginning with national and online competitions, and culminating at the World Finals.
Imagine Cup is your chance to:
- Break new ground, solve tough problems facing the world today, and maybe even turn your ideas into a business
- Get involved in the next wave of games and applications – the future is in your hands
- Learn new technological skills
- Test yourself against the brightest students around the world
- Make new friends
- Win cash and prizes, and even access to our exclusive Boot Camps!
- World Citizenship- Change the World
Find a problem in the world, even in your own life or community, and then work to solve it. Build a project that could change lives. The Imagine Cup World Citizenship Competition is a global contest for the best new software to address social issues, and the winning team will take home $50,000 (US).
- Earth-Code with NASA Science
Earth is a new contest for students ages 6-18 in which you’ll use computer programming to create a game, simulation, or story inspired by the kinds of earth science that NASA and other researchers do every day. 18 winning students will win prizes totaling $36,000!
- Big Idea- Pitch your great idea
The Big Idea challenges are online competitions intended to help you develop your project from an idea into a reality.
Pitch: Pitch your idea in a three-minute video presentation!
Plan: Write a project blueprint to map the road ahead!
Design: Design the perfect user interface!
- Hello Cloud-The Power of Azure
Cloud computing is changing the technology industry. When you start looking for your first job, will you have the cloud on your résumé? You will if you compete in our new Hello Cloud Challenge! Every month, one student will win our $1,000 sweepstakes. To compete, you just complete one or more of our Hello Cloud activities. Each activity you complete gives you another chance to win!
- Innovation-Break the Rules
The next big thing could come from you. Facebook and Twitter started as student projects. Your ideas could be next. The Imagine Cup Innovation Competition is here to help you take the first steps. It’s a global contest for the most original student applications, and the winning team will take home $50,000 (US).
- Games: Play to Win
More people are playing games, and they’re playing them everywhere: on their computers, on consoles, on their phones and mobile devices. The Imagine Cup Games Competition is your opportunity to be part of the global games revolution. It’s a global contest for the best new student games and the winning team will take home $50,000 (US).
There are 3 levels for entry:
Beginner competitions are for anyone, regardless of age or coding experience.
Medium competitions are for older students with some coding familiarity.
Advanced competitions are for experienced teams of student developers.
- You are at least 16 years of age as of July 31 2015 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 1 January 2015 and 31 May 2016; andIf you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran,North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions arenot eligible to participate.
- You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of aMicrosoft subsidiary, at any time between 1 January 2016 and 31 July 2016; and
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition;and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Competition between 1 January 2016 and 31 July 2016.
How to Enter
To participate in Imagine Cup 2016, you must first create an account at www.imaginecup.com. Once you have registered you can sign up for the competition categories you would like to compete in and start building your team.
For more information, visit Microsoft Imagine Cup