Deadline: December 4, 2015 & April 4, 2016
Wellcome trust invites eligible candidates to apply for the 2016 research training fellowship! This scheme is designed for medical, dental, veterinary or clinical psychology graduates who have little or no research training, but who wish to develop a long-term career in academic medicine. Applications are encouraged from individuals who wish to undertake substantial training through high-quality research in an appropriate unit or clinical research facility, towards a PhD or MD qualification.
Fellowships are normally for two to three years. In exceptional cases a fellowship may be for up to four years for those who wish to undertake a relevant Masters training or diploma course.
- research expenses (e.g. consumables, travel, support to attend scientific meetings, fieldwork and data collection)
- fellow’s salary, set according to age, experience and our policy on enhancement.
- The fellowship is open to individuals with a relevant connection to the European Economic Area (EEA) for fellowships to be held in a UK or Republic of Ireland institution. Non-UK candidates should contact the office for advice before submitting an application.
- You should have little to no research experience and it should not normally be more than ten years from the date of your first medical, dental or veterinary qualification
- You should have completed general professional training as defined by the relevant college.
- Medical graduates must have passed the relevant exam for their specialty, e.g. MRCP, MRCS, MRCOphth/FRCOphth Part 1, MRCPsych, MRCOG Part 1, MRCPCH, FRCA Part 1. GPs are advised to contact the office to clarify their eligibility.
- Dental candidates must have obtained MFD, MFDS, MGDS, MFGDP or equivalent.
- Veterinary candidates should have a degree in veterinary medicine (e.g. BVSc, BVM&S, BVMS, BVetMed, VetMB) and some experience in clinical practice. An intercalated degree is desirable, but not essential.
- Clinical psychology candidates must have obtained a professional Doctorate-level qualification in Clinical Psychology accredited by the British Psychological Society before taking up the award. Candidates are advised to contact the office to clarify their eligibility.
How to Apply