2016/17 Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships for International Students
Deadline: January 9, 2016
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme for the 2016/17 academic session. The aim of the scholarship award is to provide applicants with the opportunity to study at Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), University Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UISSA) and Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB).
The scholars are exempted from paying the tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Baggage allowance maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region upon completion of the programme only.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospital. An administration charge will however be payable for every consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist. Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
- Citizens of ASEAN, OIC and Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceeding the age of 35for postgraduate programmes on the 31st of July 2016
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam
These scholarships are awarded for pursuing HND (Higher National Diploma), undergraduate, master’s, master’s by research and doctoral program in various disciplines. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme.
How to Apply
- Application forms can be obtained from Brunei Darussalam Foreign Missions, Representatives of Brunei Darussalam, or from the Technical Assistant Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Brunei Darussalam.
- You may also download it here.
- Three (3) copies of the application form and three (3) copies of the supporting documents must be submitted to The Technical Assistant Division or the Brunei Mission in your country of origin or the closet Brunei Darussalam Mission to your country of origin.
- The application form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on 1 side and then must be duly completed and endorsed by the relevant authorities of the applicant’s country of origin.
- The mode of applying is by post.
- Candidates applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
For more information, visit Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships.