Apply: 7th UNAOC Global Forum and Youth Event – Baku, Azerbaijan (fully-funded)
Deadline: January 17, 2016
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) invites youth from around the world to apply for a chance to attend the Youth Event and 7th UNAOC Global Forum taking place in Baku, Azerbaijan on April 26-27, 2016. Up to 150 youth from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds with outstanding track records in intercultural dialogue and youth work will be selected as participants of the Youth Event and the 7th UNAOC Global Forum in Baku.
The Youth Event taking place on April 25, 2015, is a preparatory event to enrich youth’s experience of the Global Forum, a unique international opportunity for the civic and intercultural participation of young people. The Youth Event will also have an online component with the aim of maximizing the exchange of ideas among participants and preparation for the actual event. Its outcome will be a series of Narratives of Tomorrow, which articulate youth’s vision for inclusive societies, building on the positive contributions youth are already making in this regard.
About the Global Forum
The UNOAC Global Forum is a major event organized regularly by the UNAOC, bringing together government heads of states and Foreign Ministers, prominent personalities and experts as well as current and potential partners from academia, media, the private sector, youth-led organizations and other civil society organizations. The Forum provides a global platform for discussions on intercultural dialogue and social inclusion.
Next year, the Forum will explore the topic of Living Together in Inclusive Societies. More information about the Baku Forum can be found here.
- Support and provide a framework for selected 125-150 young people from diverse backgrounds to meaningfully participate in the UNAOC Global Forum, engage with the Forum theme and subthemes and bring youth voices to the Forum discussions;
- Engage with UNAOC on the relevance of its activities for young people;
- Grow selected participants’ network and expand their activities through interaction with other youth involved in social action;
- Support youth participants’ access to and knowledge of the global youth movement for peace and its network;
- Promote the SDGs and discuss the role of youth in achieving them by 2030;
- Facilitate the creation of Narratives of Tomorrow as the main outcome of the Youth Event. These narratives articulate participating youth’s vision and solutions for the world to “live together in inclusive societies” and chart the course for the way forward;
- Motivate and empower participants to act as agents for social transformation and intercultural dialogue in their communities.
This is a call to youth from around the world wanting to build inclusive societies through understanding and respect among cultural and religious communities:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old
- Applicants must be a member or a representative of a youth-led organization, network or initiative
- Applicants should have undertaken initiatives at the community or policy level that foster social inclusion, intercultural dialogue, and promote peace
- Applicants must be willing to contribute to a global conversation on intercultural understanding and exchange innovative experiences
- Applicants must be willing to meet other youth leaders from all over the world and develop joint actions as well as take part in discussions that will help shape the United Nations’ agenda with regards to relations among different cultures
For more information and to apply, visit UNAOC Global Forum and Youth Event