Khadija Ismayilova Investigative Journalism Fellowship 2016 (Fully Funded)
Deadline: February 1, 2016
Applications are now open for The Khadija Ismayilova Investigative Journalism Fellowship, which is a living tribute to Khadija Ismayilova, an award-winning Azeri journalist, who was imprisoned by authorities on December 5, 2014. This Fellowship seeks to ensure that her voice is heard, and that her work to use journalism in support of democracy continues.
Sponsored by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, The Fellowship will support reporting projects for a six-month period within RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
The Fellow will be placed with an appropriate RFE/RL local bureau and visit RFE/RL’s Prague headquarters to receive training in modern journalistic practices, and to conduct supervised research. Specific training in investigative techniques and additional professional support will be provided.
The Fellowship will be awarded to one candidate who is a citizen of an RFE/RL target country and has a reporting interest relating to an RFE/RL target country.
These countries are: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Pakistan, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
Candidates must also-
- Be proficient in the English language.
- Demonstrate previous experience in investigative journalism.
- Have a proven ability to pursue and complete an original, investigative project.
- Provide a compelling and plausible proposal for an investigative report of interest to RFE/RL target audiences.
- Any necessary visa support to participate in the Fellowship.
- Round-trip travel to Prague.
- A monthly stipend for the period of the program.
Additional resources for research purposes may be available.
How to Apply
A complete application should be completed in English and requires-
- A statement of purpose not exceeding 750 words.
- A research proposal.
- Work samples.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A CV.
To download an application form, and find out more about the Khadija Ismayilova Investigative Journalism Fellowship, visit this webpage.