Deadline: March 25, 2016
Applications are now open for the 7th International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies, which provides a learning opportunity for students interested in study and analysis of societies in and post-conflict. Interdisciplinary in its nature, drawing from the fields of Conflict Analysis and Resolution, History, Philosophy, Anthropology, Law and International Relations, the Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies provides students with an interactive learning experience utilizing frontal lectures and class discussions focusing on comparative conflict analysis of different case studies.
The 2016 Summer School will take place at the Faculty of Media and Communications in Belgrade, from 27 June to 4 July, 2016. There are five varied courses to choose from.
These courses includes
- Religion & Conflict: The Balkan’s Explorations Vs Explorations of the Balkans.
- From Intervention to Non-Internvention: The Triumph of State Sovereignty over human Rights?
- Orientalism, Balkanism, Occidentalism: Thinking Through Discourses of “Othering” and Conflict.
- Memory and Conflict: Remembering and Forgetting in Divided Societies
- From Brotherhood and Unity to EU Integration: The Shades of Politics in Serbia
- The courses are offered to graduate students, advanced undergraduate students and professionals working in related fields.
- Applicants must speak English well as all courses are in the English language.
Financial Costs & Scholarships
- Full tuition is EUR 430 for applicants.
- Scholarships of a reduced tuition of EUR 230 are available to applicants who meet the following criteria:
(1) Currently registered in an academic program – student must be enrolled in a graduate degree program or a 3rd or final year undergraduate program.
(2) Students who will attend the course for ECTS credit.
(3) Students from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
- Strong applicants from other societies in/post-conflict may be considered.
Students who complete the course requirements may transfer the course credit to their home institution (5 ECTS).
How to Apply
Submit an online application form.
For those also applying for the scholarship, apply online first before emailing [email protected] requesting access to the CFCCS Tuition Scholarship application form.
For more information, visit the International Summer School page.